Day 21, January 21 Bible Reading

 Day 21,  January 21


Job 29-31   Job seeks vindication








Job 29 

  • Job is wishing for the good old days when all was well, and his children was alive  [Job 29:4-5] “Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house, 5 when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me”.. 


  • Job was respected. The young hid, the aged rose ad the orices refrained form talking, [Job 29:7-11] Job was an elder at the city gate; whoever heard me spoke well of me, 


  • We heard Job was an upright man.  Well what were some of the things he did?, [Job 29:12-17] “rescued the poor, fatherless, the man who was dying, righteousness was my clothes, justice my robe.”

    • Delivered the poor who cried for help

    • Delivered the fatherless who had none to help him

    • Blessed dying men

    • Ensured the widow got her rightful inheritance

    • Put on and clothed in righteousness

    • He was always about Justice

    • Father to the needy

    • Searched out the cause of strangers

    • Rescue victims from the wicked, the corrupt
        

  • Job was the type of man, people always waited for his advice, he was an encourager, dwelt as a king in the army and comfort mourners  [Job 29:21-25] 


Job 30 - Job expresses emotional turmoil

  • Now how much things have changed.  I am mocked now, by younger men, whose fathers are nothing [Job 30:1-8]

  • He is taunted, insulted, spat on his face, a rabble is against him, “they pursue my honor as the wind, and my prosperity has passed like a cloud” [Job 30:9-15]

  • How do you feel for Job as you read, and his soul is being poured out, and he is in great emotional and physical pain ? [Job 30:16-19] “And now my soul is poured out because of my plight; The days of affliction take hold of me. 17 My bones are pierced in me at night, And my gnawing pains take no rest. 18 By great force my garment is disfigured; It binds me about as the collar of my coat. 19 He has cast me into the mire, And I have become like dust and ashes”;  “30 My skin grows black and falls from me;My bones burn with fever. 31 My harp is turned to mourning, And my flute to the voice of those who weep.”

  • Job then addresses God, and says “You spoil my success”. He cries for Him with no answer. [Job 30:20-31]

    • You will bring me to death and to the house appointed for all living

    • Surely God will not stretch out his hand against a heap of ruins if they cry out? Surely he will have mercy.

    • But when he looked for good, only evil came

Job 31

  • Job returns to express how He was righteous.

  • How Did He Shun Evil? (Job 31)

    1. Made an agreement with his eyes: Do not lust at young women (Job 31:1)

    2. Recognizes that God sees his steps (Job 31:4)

    3. Not given to living with lies or running after deception (Job 31:5)

    4. Always values and full of integrity

    5. Concerned with steps and process to follow the proper path (Job 31:7)

    6. He had a heart not following the desire of the eyes (Job 31:7)

    7. Refused to be seduced by a woman, his neighbor's women, or stepped out on his wife  (Job 31:9)

    8. Does not abuse the rights of employees (Job 31:13).  

    9. Recognizes whether king or pauper, boss or employee, master or servant, everyone is the same as God made us all human, and should be treated as such. (Job 31:15).  

    10. A Humanitarian: (Job 31:16-18) Did not refuse the requests for the poor; Gave occasion for a widow to stop looking for help; Does not food alone without sharing with an orphan;

    11. Does not put confidence in bank account or gold (Job 31:24-25)

    12. Not seduced by bright lights or worship the sun and moon (Job 31:26-27)

    13. Did not enjoyed when enemy is ruin (even though a curse was initiated) (Job 31:29)

    14. Open home to visitors, travelers and give lodging, food. (Job 31:31-32)

    15. Was open when he did wrong even to the public (Job 31:33-34)


  • My Defense Rests with God.  He asked for the Prosecutor [Satan] to put his charges in writing: [Job 31:35-40] “Oh, that I had someone to hear me! I sign now my defense-let the Almighty answer me; let my accuser put his indictment in writing. 36 Surely I would wear it on my shoulder, I would put it on like a crown.  37 I would give him an account of my every step; like a prince I would approach him.)-  38 "if my land cries out against me and all its furrows are wet with tears, 39 if I have devoured its yield without payment or broken the spirit of its tenants, 40 then let briers come up instead of wheat and weeds instead of barley."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harpazo vs Rapture - Part 1

Narrow Gate vs Broad Way

Is Everything According to Gods Plan? Sovereign Will Part 1